In my experience, the biggest issue with online dating is the lack of decent conversation. It seems that people want to get the full experience of dating without the effort of conversing. I get it, online dating websites and apps have taken a lot of work out of dating, but that doesn’t mean you are going to get anywhere if all you have is small talk.
‘What’s up,’ ‘what are you up to,’ ‘how was your day,’ and the like will only get you so far. While the examples I used are perfect for starting a conversation or showing you genuinely want to know about the person, they shouldn’t be all you bring to the table. Ask other questions, bring up topics that interest you. That way it is easy to get in contact with people using dating apps.
If you are having issues coming up with topics to discuss, try one of these suggestions:
- Hot button issues. By this I mean, politics, religion, abortion, and other things that are big debate topics. If I am going to bring up something in one of these topics, I make sure that the person is interested in discussing the topic, that the topic will stay civil, and that they actually care about the discussion. I wouldn’t bring up any of these things with someone I just started talking to or that I don’t know well enough to know they won’t get offended.
- Ask deeper questions. Like I said before, ‘how are you’ and the like are great for showing you are interested in their wellbeing and such, but don’t be afraid to ask deeper questions. What’s your biggest goal in life? Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert? What inspires you? Try some of these if you’re drawing a blank. This especially important with mature women.
- 20 Questions. If deep questions aren’t your thing, try playing 20 questions. I love this game because it’s a great opportunity to get to know someone better and has the potential to go however you want. You can ask silly, deep, personal, or even sexual questions. Just be sure to know the limits of the other person you are playing with!
Keeping a conversation going is most of the work when it comes to online dating. You have to know your conversation partners limits and respect those limits and you have to keep it interesting. But if the person you are talking to isn’t carrying their weight in the conversation, don’t be afraid to move along. You shouldn’t be responsible for the complete dialog.
Most online dating sites provide a free trial membership to those who would wish to register with them. The main purpose of this membership is to allow the members to use the sites for while so that they can determine if it suits their needs or not. For instance some sites do not help to find sex without paying. In some cases, the free trial membership expires after a month while in others it takes a little bit longer. However, premium membership is essential to both the host company and the members. The following are reasons supporting this claim.
Sites which allow free membership for more than a month are prone to having more fakes than those who advocate for a premium membership. Most of these people with fake profiles don’t pay for a premium membership as their aim is to get what they want real quickly and disappear. There are those who want to extract money from you and there are those who have a bigger agenda like arranging kidnaps and such. Having a premium membership and only flirting with people with similar membership will reduce the risks of you running into someone with a fake account. It is, therefore, important for an online dating site to more than often advocate for a premium membership so as to help curb and reduce the epidemic of fakes in online dating.
With a free membership, there are some features that are restricted to you. In most cases, with the free membership, you can only view the profiles of potential partners but so as to initiate a chat you are asked to upgrade to a premium account. So as to fully enjoy all the features in online dating, it is advisable you register as a premium member and there are always a wide variety of membership plans to choose from
It is the funds you pay as a premium user that helps keep the company going. This is what motivates them to find you a compatible partner and even arrange casual sex dates for you. Some of the companies charge a reasonable amount of money while in others you have to part with a few more dollars to enjoy their service.
Most online dating companies allow you to use their services before upgrading to premium membership. You should carefully choose the sites to register with.
Chat bots are script written to lead members off the dating website and generate money for the owner. They run rampant on dating websites and apps, but thankfully they’re easy to pick out. By knowing what to look for on their profiles and when talking to people, you can easily avoid falling for this!
Affected are mostly people looking for sexual encounters in dedicated locations, as for example sex in Toronto. Those portals are more scammy and more often redirect to sites that use chat bots.
Because of the nature of chat bots, most of them identify as female and target male users. The main intention of chat bots is to lure users to a cam website or a website aimed at making money from lonely individuals. If you’re looking for something real on a dating website or app, you’ll want to waste as little time as possible entertaining chat bots.
- Pictures. Usually you can tell a chat bot by looking at their pictures or running a reverse image search on their pictures. If the pictures on someone’s profile are all professionally taken and are from one shoot or they are all professional and promiscuous, chances are that the user is a chat bot.
If you chose to run a reverse image search instead, you merely copy their picture and run it through google. If it comes back with a lot of matches or one of the matches link to a camming website, you’ll know to avoid the person. This method is more work, but more reliable.
- Profile. Another method of identifying chat bots is to look at their profile. If you’re already skeptical of their profile because of their pictures, you can usually confirm your suspicions by looking at their profile. If they meet the picture criteria above and their profile is blank, there’s a good chance that they are a chat bot!
- Chatting. If you accidentally match with a bot or don’t care to go through the precautions mentioned above, you can always identify a bot by their chatting habits. Often enough a chat bot will start a conversation by calling you a pet name (examples: baby, babe, sweetie, etc). Usually, they will also immediately start with talk of sexual acts.
If you aren’t interested in checking their pictures or profile and you don’t see red flags in their chatting style, you’ll know it’s a chat bot when they send you a link or flat out ask you for money. Chat bots only purpose is to generate money for the person who installed in on the dating website or app (http://ca.datingadvisor.net).
While it’s a good idea to be on the lookout for these scams, it’s a terrible idea to flat out accuse someone of being a chat bot. When talking to someone you suspect is a chat bot, ask a nonsexual question and analyze their answer. If they answer saying how ‘hot and wet they are’ chances are, it’s a bot!